Working on my portfolio here at Maddalee...

Pin It!

Hello everyone, I hope you had a nice weekend and a good Monday! I am just wrapping up a 12 hour workday, but I have really enjoyed almost the whole thing. I spent the day teaching myself to create a repeating design in Illustrator. The illustration part is not a problem for me, the repeating pattern involves so much technical stuff, and math. Oh my...me, the art major, doing math! But it went pretty well I think...not too bad for a long day of work to get all the illustration done, the design and all the rest I had to learn to do today. This is what is required to create fabric design and anything that repeats for products like wrapping paper, wall paper and fabric. What do you think for a first try? Is this cute enough to put on a little tote bag, make up case, a throw pillow or even some plates, cups and saucers? I am hoping so, as I work...
...to get my portfolio up to speed, have you checked it out lately? Some fun book concepts and other things that I have featured here on the blog, some new. I have a number of projects left on my list before I start looking for more representation, but it's getting there. Tell me what you think? Your feedback would be great! I will also have the Retro Flower Power Note Card printable for subscribers by Friday, thank you so much for bearing with me while I have been so busy. Love you all!

FRIEND US, FOLLOW US & SUBSCRIBE HERE, WE OFTEN HAVE SPECIAL FUN FOR OUR SWEET FOLLOWERS!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, and thank you for visiting Maddalee!

      xoxo

      Nancy

      Delete
  2. I could see this being used on many items. It looks so fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marg, it is good to hear comments and your feedback. You are sweet, thank you for visiting Maddalee!

      Have a wonderful day,

      Nancy

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful work, Nancy, love it - the colours, the pattern, the slightly retro look! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, I'm glad you like it. Let's see where we can go to get this into real product, shall we? Thank you for visiting Maddalee!

      xoxo

      Nancy

      Delete