Maddalee's First DIY Smash Book/Art Journal Digital Kit is Ready!

Pin It! 
Be sure to see the FREE Paris in My Heart and Soul Note Card Printables that coordinate with this project!

Hello my Maddalee Friends, we finally have a real Maddalee DIY Smash Book/Art Journal Starter Kit available! I have had the most fun throughout this whole project and will certainly do more in the future, in fact...I am already thinking about how to do a 70's inspired "Rocker Chick" Kit, inspired by this recent post. This printable PDF file is 31 pages and available FREE...



...to all of my Maddalee subscribers until Sunday September 8th, 2013 at 10PM CST. If you would like a free copy, send me an email from the email you subscribe to Maddalee with and I will email you back a download link. The project is also available at the Maddalee Etsy Shop. Do you like the covers? I added the trimmed butterflies with dark pink scrap paper card stock backings and did the same to the bookmark. I had a bracelet that I never wore anymore and took it apart for the beads. So much fun! Remember, though...this is a starter kit and meant for you to use your own style and colors to embellish and make it your own.


Both front and back inside covers have these floral pockets, easy to do. The little polka dot envelope comes in three colors and is an easy trim, fold and glue. I added the little clips and some "ticket" printables I found online. Now, you would add your own things and may have your own tickets and any other memories. I have not fully added my voice or writings to this book, as I wanted to showcase it to you and not take over the whole project. Besides, I am too busy thinking of the next book to share with all of you, I can't sit still and wait on that project!


I have included 5 "background" page printables, I print them out first on white card stock, then flip the page in the printer and print a set of the "front pages" (Two to a page, 20-5" x 7" printed pages in all.) on the other side, creating fun color throughout the book. And see here the red scrap book paper page, I added a folded doily and glued it down on the front and back, I really love this. I also added lined paper pages, blank sketch book pages, brown craft paper pages simply by cutting 5" x 7" pieces and punching holes by where the printed pages punched.


I do like using the 3-1 1/4" ring binders, as pages can be added or removed and sorted around whenever you would like. Do you see the little invitation envelope used as a pocket? So easy, just punch as the pages are punched and add as you would a page. The tickets are once again printables I found, you can see the embellishments included in this package down below. The fun is adding your own!


There are three colors of the little pocket pages to print and trim, as many as you would like. They are very easy and fun, instructions are included below. I have also printed and trimmed the tags, glued them to colored scrap paper and trimmed for more fun and attached with ribbons here and there. There are printed pages for writing, for coloring, for making lists...and more pages for whatever you may need. Once again, to add your own page, simply trim it to 5" x 7" and punch holes like the printed pages and covers are punched.


The back of a printed page in a different pattern, and the back of one of the pocket pages, with more fun items added.


A preview of some of the printed pages and embellishments.


These embellishments are all included in the kit, anything else I have added I found elsewhere.


Instructions are quite simple! Print out the cover art page and the cover pocket page on white cover stock. Trim pieces.


Cut two of the cover backing pieces out of card stock, I used craft paper card stock. Score and fold the two outer covers and glue the cover backings to the inside.


Add glue to the cover tabs and fold over, rubbing to press down lightly. **I had been using a crafting rubber cement glue stick for this, and as you can see the pages warped a bit. I am new to scrap paper stuff, and brought home an Elmer's Craft Bond Extra Strength Glue Stick. I love it, no warping and tighter folds. I actually made a new cover, but wanted to show you the little bit of warping going on here.


Cut out two of the cover liners, I used a bright pink scrap paper card stock. Score and fold the pocket tabs.


Glue the cover liner onto the back of the cover and glue the pocket in place. Make sure you glue the front pocket to the front cover and back pocket to the back cover. Keep them a bit off center, away from the punch side of the cover so they avoid getting punched. Let the covers totally dry before punching according to the holes printed on the front, or the paper may rip a bit. Once dry, you will see that these covers are quite beefy and strong, as they have been glued and strengthened almost like plywood. And they are also thin enough to fit into a home hole punch. My first set of covers were too thick to fit!


The pocket folders are very easy. Print a background patterned page that you would like to "line" the pocket page. Flip and print the pocket page. Trim, score and fold and glue the tab, then punch from the long side according to the printed punch holes.


Print the full background patterns that you like on white card stock, (So they are nice and strong to hold all of your sweet memories!) and flip them over to print a front page design on them. Trim all the front pages and punch the holes. Now it's time to add all your pages, extras and the two covers to the 3-1 1/4" ring binders, this is really all there is to it! With the 20 decorative printed pages included in the kit and the pocket pages plus all that you think of to add yourself, this kit makes the sweetest and easy little memory book for all to enjoy, adding your own fun baubles and artsy items, poems, memories, photos, to do lists and whatnot. Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions : )   xoxo

To get the download, go to the Maddalee Etsy Shop.

Thank you so much and let me know how it goes?

Feel free to use this printable file for your personal use, but not commercial use or resale (©Maddalee™). Do not share this file. If you have a friend that is also interested, will you please send them here for the download? Thank you for understanding. Please leave a comment for me if you download, I love to hear how much fun these files are.

FRIEND US, FOLLOW US & SUBSCRIBE HERE, WE OFTEN HAVE SPECIAL FUN FOR OUR SWEET FOLLOWERS!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute and colorful smash book! What a fun thing to save memories and mementos in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy, I'm so glad to see you here!

      Have a wonderful day,

      Nancy

      Delete
  2. Just received my link and this project is AMAZING! Thanks so much for making a freebie for subscribers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, I am so happy to share this project with you! Thank you so much for being a subscriber and visiting.

      xoxo

      Nancy

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marg, I think I remember sending you a copy this weekend, it was a whirlwind of sharing! Thank you for being here visiting, and for your sweet comment!

      Have a wonderful week,

      Nancy

      Delete
  4. Hello Nancy, I just find your blog today, do you think is posible to still have this freebie? Tank you. Wendy

    ReplyDelete