Maddalee's Upcoming Dinosaur Halloween Costume Project

Pin It!

See the finished costume and tutorial here. I am always up for a fun, sweet and colorful project, so when my son and daughter-in-law asked me to make my grandson's (18 months) Halloween costume this year, I of course said yes! I did remind them that costumes for kids have come a long way since they were little and some are not so expensive...but my son said he wanted Grammie to make this one...
...I have made a lot of costumes back in the day for my children, and I always found that those that were simpler, more comfy and warm always worked better for little and big children. I got my fingers going on the keyboard and found this lime green toddler hoodie in a 4T (Bigger than needed, but I want it to be long to cover my grandson's cute little bottom, as he needs a big Dino Tail attached!) and these "baby pants" in more of a sage green. I ordered two pairs of baby pants, as they are quite inexpensive and I will use one pair to make a Dino Tail, and add sage green spots to the lime green hoodie with left over fabric. I have pretty much figured out in my head how this will all go...if you would like to play along, I've included links to the products I orderd to start with. All I need is embroidery floss to match the felt colors and stuffing for the "tail". I will do most of the stitching in a simple manner by hand, a little machine stitching for the tail, but that could also be done by hand. My grandson visits for 4 nights over Labor Day Weekend (YAY!) and I will start on the costume then. I need to fit the hoodie to him, I know the sleeves will need a little shortening, or cuffed up, as he is probably more of a 2T, but that won't be too hard. I will take photos of the process and make pattern pieces available for subscribers, if anyone would like to join me. I like a project I can sit, relax and work on while watching tv!

Toddler Hoodie Link

Baby Pants Link

Felt Fabric Link   I ordered 5-12"x18" felt sheets, one each in Tangerine, Chartreuse, Cyan, Lavender, and White and had the Red and Sage Green already.

Be well, and it's so nice to see you here!

FRIEND US, FOLLOW US & SUBSCRIBE HERE, WE OFTEN HAVE SPECIAL FUN FOR OUR SWEET FOLLOWERS!

1 comment: