Peanut Butter Protein Snacks

Pin It!




Have you had a pack of hungry kids, yours and their peeps, hanging around without a lot of good snacks to make them happy? These Peanut Butter Protein Snacks take about 5 minutes to pull together, need no baking and are made with things I usually have in the pantry, even when it's time to grocery shop. I made them the other evening on one of those "too busy to eat and make real food" days when I was hungry, wanted sweets and also knew that we needed something better than sweets!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1/4 cup ground flax seed, or wheat germ

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup apple sauce

1/3 cup honey

2 tsp. vanilla

1/8 tsp. salt

2/3 cup chocolate chips ( Or raisins, nuts, coconut—anything you would put in a granola bar. 1 or 2 of these is plenty. I did white chocolate chips, as we had them and I love my white chocolate!)

Directions

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix by hand. Shape into small balls and enjoy!

Thank you so much for visiting! I'd love to keep in touch.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Followed you over from Ginger Snap Crafts link up. These sound so yummy and easy. I am definitely going to be making these!

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all these ingredients on hand-guess what the kids are making today?! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete