Fruit Smoothies in the Winter

Pin It!
I have always liked fruit smoothies in the summer. I make them with frozen berries as it's easy to always have them on hand and then bananas, pears, melon, apples...whatever we might have. What I haven't liked about it is how noisy my Oster blender is, how the fruit gets stuck up above the blades and how hard it is to clean all the fiber and seed residue out of the blade mechanism. In the winter I have not been much of a fan, as I am always cold and don't like to drink anything cold. I am also the worst at just eating an apple, pears, bananas...I simply don't enjoy eating fruit as God made it. I certainly should, but I don't :D

I was lucky enough to have money from my birthday and Christmas to purchase a NutriBullet. Now I don't usually get sucked into infomercials, but this one I did. I bought it at Target for 99.00 and got a 10.00 Target gift card back, so it was a pretty big purchase, but not horrible.

I have to say I have been really loving it! My daughter also. It's powerful, pretty quiet compared to the blender and does a great job. I have no problem downing a load of fruit in the form of a smoothie. I don't use the frozen fruit in the winter as cold drinks make me cold, and I have a much easier time getting myself to make a smoothie every day, if it's not so cold. I have had an expensive Champion Juicer in the past and hated it, I really like this concept better. And as far as being picky about the way things "look" in my home, I find the rather nuetral stainless-look design fits well on my kitchen counter.

Apples, pears, peaches and so forth must be cored, but that's no biggie. Rinds must come off of citrus, but that's easy if you slice them first. I like the fact that everything good that is put into the NutriBullet gets blended nicely, not a lot of waste. And a special bonus is how easily it cleans up compared to my blender! No, NutriBullet has not payed me, they don't know who I am, but maybe I should have called them :D The smoothies shown are both a bit different, I love pink grapefruit in mine, my daughter not so much, she gets extra strawberries. I also usually add fresh baby spinach, raw almonds and carrots and still love the flavor, but today I didn't, as they make the color darker and I wanted the pretty pinks and reds for these photographs. Just a little disclosure :)

Thank you so much for visiting! I'd love to keep in touch.

6 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks delicious! Why not have a winter smoothie? :) We love ice cream in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff, oh yeah, I like ice cream in the winter also and am usually under a warm throw in a big soft chair when I eat it! At my desk, I do get cold.

      Thank you so much for stopping by.

      :) Nancy

      Delete
  2. grapefruit in a smoothie? Thats a new one for me! I love it though! Would love for you to come over and share it at my link party!
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/01/valentines-pie-and-tasteful-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thank you so much for stopping by. I LOVE pink grapefruit and don't like my drinks really sweet, so it's good in a smoothie with berries, bananas, apples...cuts the sweetness for me.

      It's really nice seeing you here, I must get over and check out your party! xoxo Nancy

      Delete
  3. Never thought of adding grape fruit! This is great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, I love the grapefruit in my smoothies, as I don't like them to be super sweet. Thank you for visiting!

      xoxo Nancy

      Delete