Julia's Deep Dish Apple Crisp

Pin It!


My daughter Julia made this apple crisp a week or so ago. I had asked her to write just a few sentences about it, Julia is the baker in our family. She is currently finishing her third batch of Chocolate Eclair shells for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. I called down to her from my perch in the loft to remind her that her Apple Crisp post needed to go up tonight, what would you like to say? She said, "I wanted dessert, we had apples, I made Apple Crisp." Thank you, Julia...it was lovely, as I'm sure your Chocolate Eclairs, Kringla and all the rest you are making will be for our Christmas.

Ingredients

Crumbs
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp. nutmeg

7 medium apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions

Melt butter, add to all the "Crumb" ingredients and mix well by hand. Spread 1/2 of crumb mixture on the bottom of a deep dish 9x13 pan, pat down. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon, layer carefully on top of bottom crumbs. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top of apple layer.

Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes, until apples are tender and crumbs are slightly browned.

Have a delicious day!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! YUM! Will have to try it, thanks for sharing.

    Nichole
    www.pinkieforpink.com

    ReplyDelete