Forgot to Thaw the Roast Beast Crock-Pot Recipe

Pin It!


My youngest son has been a long time fan of the ever popular pot roast with dry onion soup mix in the crock-pot dish. We have it quite often and I usually have either fresh beef, or have thawed my roast in the fridge overnight. Of course this day, when grocery shopping needed to be done and really all that was left to prepare was this one lovely roast waiting in the freezer was the day I forgot to thaw the roast. Ugh, what to do? Maybe many of my Maddalee friends have already tried the frozen beast directly into the crock-pot thing, but this was a first for me. It was great! I had sliced fresh mushrooms and diced onions left from the day before when we did the "Busy Day Quiche Recipe", I sauteed them and added to the roast on our plates. Yummm! We added simple boiled potatoes and peas and our busy day went on as if nothing had ever slipped my mind :)

Ingredients

1 extremely frozen pot roast someone forgot to take out of the freezer and put in fridge to thaw. We used a cut of top sirloin this day.

1 packet dry onion soup mix

1/3 cup water

Directions

Add water to bottom of crock-pot. Insert frozen beef, I used my oval shaped crock-pot for this one, the stiff roast fit in a little better. Cover beef with dry onion soup mix and put crock pot cover on. Turn crock-pot on low for at least 6 hours. Come back to something that smells really, really good. Remove roast and trim off fat, shred into bite size pieces and add back to the aus jus in the crock pot. A really lovely finish to a rather panicked day!

Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, what I am wondering is why your oldest son was invited over dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, poor Craiger Boy! Branden was not over for this one either...Julie and I pigged the whole thing down!

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy! Pinned to my Saturday Dishes board ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete