Five Minute Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce...Yummm!

Pin It!

We have eaten through all the Thanksgiving pies and the Spumoni and Waffle Cone ice cream flavors that were left from our holiday celebration. Last night as the evening sweet attack got us, all we had was humble vanilla ice cream left in the freezer, from our sweet apple pie dessert. What to do, what to do...not even any chocolate syrup in the fridge. I remembered the hot fudge sauce I used to make when my children were little. The recipe was one of the first I ever made in my first-ever microwave, it was out of the recipe book that came with that microwave and of course, that recipe book was not to be found. I did a search for microwave hot fudge and found a recipe right away that was just like the one I used to make. It's so easy, and really so luscious without being too sweet or gummy-syrupy! It only takes minutes to make, smells like brownies and tastes like a brownie fudge sundae on vanilla ice cream. I always have these ingredients on hand, so when the chocolate attack hits and we don't even have chocolate chips in the house, I must remember this easy recipe. I stirred my coffee this morning with the chocolate-sauce covered spoon left from my little photo-shoot, so delicious! :) Enjoy!


Ingredients

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Directions

In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and cream. Cook on high 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.

Stir in butter and cook on high 2-4 minutes more, watching closely and stirring every 30 seconds or so, until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.

Have a sweet day!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - now to have your son and daughter in law make you the homemade ice cream !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, this would be so good on homemade ice cream! We'll have to get them to do some for us in their free time :)

      xo

      Nancy

      Delete
  2. Yumm! It looks decicious! I am your new follower. See you soon!I found you at sugar bee crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, it's so nice to see you here, thank you very much for following Maddalee. I love Sugar Bee, great link up party!

      Delete