Small Home, Warm, Festive & Fun Home Series, Part One

Pin It!
SEE CHRISTMAS HOME SERIES, PART TWO
SEE CHRISTMAS HOME SERIES, PART THREE 

I will admit it, I am a baby boomer. On the tail end of the boomers, but I am a boomer. I have had large and beautiful homes, at one time we had a combination of six children and we were fun, a circus...but fun. Now with only one adult child living at home, my sweetest daughter, We have downsized to a town home that I love, but it is smaller than what we used to have and I may feel "large home" envy at this time of year when we decorate and entertain. My "circus" may not live with me every day any more, but they all tend to show up for family dinners and fun, bringing more dogs and grandchildren with them. But, what could ever be better?


My daughter sewed these sweet mini stockings several years ago with my help when we had our first Christmas here in town-home land. We updated some colors with our decor and got this idea from some very small ornament stockings at Crate and Barrel that year that were full of buttons. I am also fortunate to have a matching table runner that we made to coordinate with the stockings and just love them all.


This was our "real tree" several years ago, when my youngest son was still living with us and had his Chocolate Lab "Moose" with him. I love Moose very much, but he is large and like a bull in a china shop, so we decided to have a table top tree and try to save ourselves. This poor little tree from Pottery Barn just wasn't up to my heavier glass ornaments, but it was our tree for one Christmas. We put lighter weight decor on it now and I just love the "Charlie Brown" look in my little Kitchen Island Nook.


I'm not really fond of my TV Nook, but it serves it's purpose and creates more space in my Family Room. We have had this little Santa for almost 30 years and use it every year, I still love it! My dear BFF and her family gave it to me, it matches the little Santa Candle Holder in the "Kitchen Nook" that my brother gave to me. Both from Pier One many years ago. The Bunting is a Maddalee Exclusive!


And here in this corner, a small dresser that was my Grandma's, just as the hutch in the "Stocking" photo was. The style these days is to paint our wooden things, and while I love all of that, these will stay as they are as they make me think of my Grandma this way. The little stuffed Santa, Silver Sleigh and Silver Reindeer have been with us for many years. They still have a place every year with our holiday decor.


I don't have a lot going on for decor in the kitchen, but this Pie Safe and the red things that are on it all year fit right in. My children gave me Mr. Grinch quite a few years ago for my birthday, or Christmas...hard to remember as my birthday is on Christmas! He comes out every year.


My daughter and I also put together this wreath for the front door three years ago when we updated some of our Christmas decor. It's out in the weather for it's third year now, and I think it still looks pretty, it really hasn't faded. The ornaments only look like glass, they are plastic from Target and I thought they might have faded in the afternoon sun that hits our front porch. I do tend to love my Christmas looking a bit like a Dr. Seuss book, fun and festive!


We still have the table top tree between my two large club chairs. I really have come to like it up off the floor with all the dogs romping around and now my little grandson who has started crawling. I wish I was good enough to take a photo that shows how bright and warm our little tree is, and how that light and warmth dances around the room! As my birthday is on Christmas, I have always collected ornaments and have been given ornaments as gifts. Sweet! I love them all and if I don't have a tree in my future large enough to hold them all, I have three children lined up to have their share of the ornaments that added to our wonderful holiday memories. See Part Two in this series here.

I hope your home is warm and bright with the changing season. I am blessed to celebrate my faith and love with my family and home that I do love. Everyone needs a warm place to feel at home in, I hope you all find this and have a happy season! May God Bless.

xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Fun and Festive - Warm and Bright - Faith and Love - thank you for sharing from your home to ours! Your home is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Blessings for a warm Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh your tree looks lovely! And I love all the other decorations too, the wreath is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree ;) It's difficult to see all of the funny critter ornaments in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard to see the hand-blown glass, but it still sparkles! You know where they are, Julie...cause you so sweetly wrap them and pack them every year and haul them all out the next year :)

      xo

      Delete
  4. Love all of the colorfulness! Would also love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_11_27_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dixie, thank you for visiting, I will come check it out!

      xo

      Nancy

      Delete
  5. Looks like you and your daughter are quite the decorators! Beautiful! Saw your link over at Someday Crafts.
    www.crosson5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, thank you so much! I am glad you visited, it's good to see you here.

      xo

      Nancy

      Delete
  6. Looks so beautiful and inviting. I love traditions, like your 30-year-old Santa!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, thank you so much for visiting, I am so glad to see you here!

      xo

      Nancy

      Delete
  7. Super cute, i love the stockings and the little trees

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy...thank you so much for stopping by!
    I've been enjoying catching up with your blog ~ you are so creative! And, I just love the little stockings you and your daughter made, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandi...it's good to see you here!

      xo

      Nancy

      Delete