Maddalee Fairy Wand Download and Tutorial!
Hello and welcome to our third Maddalee Monday! A Maddalee Fairy Wand this week, this was fun to design and put the tutorial together, I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
Now, this is my first tutorial, so please have patience with me, and if you have any recommendations to make it better, I would love to hear about them.
1) Print out the Maddalee Fairy Wand download on heavy bright white cardstock, see details to get the download link at the end of the post below.
2) 12" small wooden dowel—I bought a whole package of these at Michael's
3) 4 12" pieces of narrow satin ribbon
4) 1 long full strand of embroidery floss, or soft twine
5) Large eyed embroidery needle
6) Hot glue
1) Cut out the 3 printed pieces.
2) Tie small knots on each end of the ribbons, then tie each on to the dowel about 1.5" from the top, pull tight.
3) Fold Maddalee in half at the top of her pigtails and crease the fold.
4) Stack Maddalee on top, Green Wings facing forward and Blue Wings facing backwards.
5) Thread floss through needle and carefully "stitch" through back of Blue Wings, then Yellow Wings, then back and front of Maddalee at the small brown dots.
6) Do the same "stitching" going back through the front of Maddalee to the back Blue Wings.
7) Tie with a secure knot in the back by Blue Wings, careful to be snug but not tear the cardstock.
9) Place the dowel with ribbons up through Maddalee, almost to the top of her head inside.
10) Fold each of the Wings up a bit in back, to get a little 3D action going on.
11) Take the heated glue gun and place glue inside the top of Maddalee's head and also inside under each of her arms, securing Maddalee to the dowel. Hold this still until glue is cool enough to be secure.
12) Place a bead of hot glue between Maddalee's back and Green Wings, and Green Wings and Blue Wings on both sides, also securing these into the 3D position that makes Maddalee look like she is flying.
13) After all the hot glue is cool, enjoy either playing with the little Fairy, or decorating somewhere fun with her!
Visit the Maddalee Etsy shop for this instant download!
Have a great weekend!