Applesauce Craisin Pecan Muffins

Pin It!
It was pretty cool this morning, and these craisin pecan muffins hit the spot! This was a new recipe for me, I was very happy with the way they turned out. They are very moist, the craisins plumped up a bit while baking and I personally love crunchy pecans. Very easy, delicious and perfect for a fall morning. I did use white flour rather than whole wheat, as I was out of whole wheat. They turned out really nicely, I'm sure whole wheat flour would also be excellent, as they are moist enough to handle it...I will try this next time.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup applesauce
2/3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
2/3 cup craisins or raisins (optional)

Topping
1 cup toasted chopped pecans

(To toast pecans, I put them in a small bowl with a smidge of butter and toast in microwave for a minute or so, stir when butter melts.)

Instructions
Cream butter with brown sugar; add egg. Separately combine flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce. Stir in oats, nuts and craisins. Mix to blend. Fill paper-lined muffins tins just about full. Sprinkle roasted pecans on top. Bake in 350 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 5 to 10 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Changing seasons are always a fun time for me to try new recipes or go through the ones I have, but have forgotten about for awhile.

Have a good day!

14 comments:

  1. The Iron Chef Mom Team would love to invite you to join us this week with this fabulous apple recipe and any others you might want to enter into the contest!
    The Iron Chef Mom Team :)
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/iron-chef-mom-1-apples/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite, Mackenzie, I just linked up. And thank you for visiting Maddalee!

      Have a good day, Nancy

      Delete
  2. these look so yummy! adding these to the things i want to bake soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they look good, Jessica? I must admit that ours are all gone and I also must admit that they look good despite being super simple to make! Thank you for visiting Maddalee.

      Have a good day, Nancy

      Delete
  3. These look really yummy!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissy, and thank you for visiting Maddalee!

      Delete
  4. Nancy, these look so delicious and I just love the muffin wrappers...they're adorable...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, it's nice to see you here again! I must say I am really loving what I see on Craftberry Bush everytime I am there! Very beautiful. I wish we all had more hours in the day, no?

      Have a good day, Nancy

      Delete
  5. MMMMM! This sounds so perfect for cool fall mornings! I love the combination you've used. Thanks for sharing on Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathie, we made them again this weekend, as we still had ingredients and they really are very good. Thank you for visiting Maddalee!

      Delete
  6. What a great recipe! They look delicious! Thanks so much for entering it in the Iron Chef Mom Link up/Contest last week! We can't wait to see what chocolate recipes you have this week to share! Hope to see you again this week! :)
    Mackenzie from the Iron Chef Mom Team :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mackenzie, and thanks for hosting Iron Chef!

      Delete
  7. I'll be featuring YOU tomorrow morning at 7 am central time. Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday at GingerSnapCrafts.com

    Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thank you so much, Ginger! I love linking up on your Wow Me Wednesdays...I will be sure to grab a link once the post is up and add it to my new little blog!

      xo Nancy

      Delete